FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

New M3 but no Bluetooth- All sorted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New M3 but no Bluetooth- All sorted
    Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:30pm
Hi everyone.

Picked up my new M3 on Saturday and its spot on.

It's red with black leather and I got all black badges for it and gloss black grills, so I think it it looks great.

One big problem though. I asked if it had Bluetooth as standard with the sat nav and was told yes by the salesman, so all I specced was heated seats and high gloss shadow line, do when I tried to pair my phone I soon realised it never had Bluetooth and the salesman was wrong.

So now they are trying to find a way of getting it retro fitted as BMW have said they can't do it.

I see trouble ahead as I am rejecting the car if they don't get it to factory spec as I need Bluetooth daily and I am not accepting a botch job .

Edited by massbad69 - 24 Nov 2012 at 9:10pm
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

PaulW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:03pm
Looks a super looking M, congratulations on your purchase.
Sorry to hear that it came without bluetooth.  Not sure how you stand on rejecting it on the grounds that its not fitted.  My concern  to, would be the clown assigned to retro fit it.
Hope you get it sorted.

Edited by PaulW - 30 Oct 2012 at 11:05pm
Paul
2003 E46 M3 Titanium Silver
'Drive with Passion'
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 1:13pm
Hey, sad story. Are you the guy that has the Golf that we met at Eastern ?
AShah View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AShah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:54pm
This may be a blessing in disguise...

The BMW bluetooth is awful, the person you are calling can't hear you at over 30mph and as a result, if you are motorway travelling, its pointless. Apparently, and i could be wrong here, the microphone is mounted on the steering column and it picks up the harmonics of the steering column tube and then sends that to the caller.

Parrot may be another option, i have one and its quite good!
E36 home of South Wales!
'96 Alpina B3 3.2 Touring
'91 325iSEA 4 Door

Old:
'93 325 Coupe
'96 318is Coupe
'92 320 Coupe
'96 318is Coupe
'97 328 Cabriolet
'95 M3 4 Door
'99 323 Sport Tourer
massbad69 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 3:14pm
Cheers Guyz

It goes in today to get a BMW magic box fitted to get the Bluetooth activated but it still won't have the voice control or assist etc

Btw it also had 2 stone chips on the bonnet when I picked it up, I take it from the transporter, which are also meant to be getting sorted this week??

We will see

Chris
mog44t View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog44t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 5:12pm
mog44t View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog44t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 5:15pm
I looks very nice and no doubt blisteringly fast.  I would agree with the comment on getting a Parrot.  Simple to use and transportable between cars.  I have had one for 6 or 7 years so it is dead basic by current standards but works a treat.  Have even used it as a CC facility in the office at work.
hennabm View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennabm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 6:29pm
My 116 I ordered with full bluetooth and professional radio etc and I can say I've had no issues with quality of sound etc.

Even cruising on Autobahns at 100+, the reception at the other end is very acceptable, so I'm told.
82 323i Henna
90 320iSE - died Apr 21
10 116d Sport
12 1.4 Punto Easy
89 240DL est
11 X3 3.0d SE
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 6:50am
I have Bluetooth factory fitted in my 335D and had in in my last two new 5 series (2006 and 2004). I do not agree that you cannot hear it, mine works perfectly and you can adjust the volume on the steering wheel button.

However, if I may share a word of caution concerning Bluetooth. There are many, many, mobile phone handsets. Theses change quicker than the BMW software technology. It is essential to check that your specific handset and excact model and version is compatible with the blue tooth package.

My example, I have a Blackberry 9300 curve handset, when I got my 335D it worked fine for a year. I put the car into Vines Gatwick for an MOT and when it came out the Bluetooth did not work. They said it was not part of the MOT and could not explain why it was not working.
However, they checked the software which was installed in 2007 when the car was new and said they did not understand how it worked ever as it was not compatible.
I have been going there for a good few years so they know me, after some discussion they loaded (took 6 hours) all of the latest software onto my car that is currently in the 2012 3 series. It works great, no problem. But, they did point out that even though it worked it was not totally at the compatible level. I am not an expert, but lets say it was 99.8% perfect.
The point being that although that phone is over 1 year old their lastest, brand new software is still behind.
So, if you are forking out more money please do check. They did not charge me, but said it would have been around 750 pounds plus vat to update. Fortunatley it means all the other software is updated, so I effectively have a 5 year old car with all new computer systems. Thanks Vines!
n
massbad69 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 10:58pm
Hi

Got my car back today and the Bluetooth is now active. Some magic box from BMW Germany fitted and except from voice control, which wouldn't understand my accent anyway, the SOS assist thingy, it all works as factory.

So I'm now happy with my wee motor.

Result and at no cost to me.

Cheers for the advice

Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply