FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

330d brake pads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 330d brake pads
    Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:30pm
I am just about to replace the front discs on my 2004 E46 330d  m sport.
Can anybody recommend non BMW pads, i.e not rip off prices.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Ally View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 8:12am
I can recommend EBC greenstuff pads from here as they have a good bite & give very liitle brake dust. Ideal for moderate road use & general every day use.
I have them coupled with EBC ultimax discs & once warmed up they are superb, best brakes I have ever had on my E36
Aegean Blue 530i Sport
Titansilber 323i Coupe
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E30 Register & Competition Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 9:13am
Would suggest red rather than green and there is an EBC grup buy planned soon on the forum but can still get you club discount so cheaper than the link provided - but only for current club members or racers
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
BrianW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Ally Ally wrote:

I can recommend EBC greenstuff pads from here as they have a good bite & give very liitle brake dust. Ideal for moderate road use & general every day use.
I have them coupled with EBC ultimax discs & once warmed up they are superb, best brakes I have ever had on my E36

Thanks for the link to brakes for U, ordered a set of Redstuff and got a 15% discount
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 11:22am
Let me know how get on - if you need more in future we have a discount of 20% organised with another supplier
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
Ally View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:01pm
How much better are the redstuff than the greenstuff?
I might consider this, along with new discs for my E39, anything to reduce the brake dust from the OE pads!
Aegean Blue 530i Sport
Titansilber 323i Coupe
BrianW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:49pm

How much better are the redstuff than the greenstuff?

I'll let you know after I have thrashed it around Brands in a couple of weeks
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:56pm
If you are using it for track use I would suggest you use yellow not red  - red are fine for road use but not designed for track use - if you can change to yellow would suggest - can call me to discuss if you wish
Pete View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:37pm
Do they do them in tartan?
John Denny View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E46 M3 Register Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Denny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 8:21pm
last time I looked at this, Pagid were a good pad, good for fast road and general use.

I was told the ebc pads dont work so well in the heavier cars.

Id defo aviod tartan
John Denny

---------------------------

M3 CSL
Ally View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 7:14am
The only thing I have found with the greenstuff pads, or it might be the discs, is that they need a good warm up before working well, but probably the same with most good brakes I guess.
Aegean Blue 530i Sport
Titansilber 323i Coupe
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Pete Pete wrote:

Do they do them in tartan?

Pete - they do a blue - so if they put all the colour together - could be an interesting compound to note the wear and performance
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 8:03am

The only thing I have found with the greenstuff pads, or it might be the discs, is that they need a good warm up before working well, but probably the same with most good brakes I guess.

Ally the Green should warm up quicker than the reds and certainly quicker than the yellows - most common for the fast road users are red and for track or competition use are the yellow....will be worth doing next months group buy on EBC and then can discuss in more detail
Ally View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 10:57am
Aegean Blue 530i Sport
Titansilber 323i Coupe
 Post Reply Post Reply