Join the Club
Forum Home Forum Home > General Club Forum > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

New Forum members introduce yourself here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 36>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gerald View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 7:54pm
Hi darren,
 Thanks for replying im not very good on the old pc to be honest,its all fairly new not been a member for tha long.

cheers gerald
gerald 323i e36 coupe
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 1:46pm
Hi all

Recently rejoined the club and the forum. Current owner of an 04 plate 325Ci which i bought a couple of weeks ago. I still own an E36 M3 (P plate) with over 175,000 miles on it.....it is for sale if anyone's interested

I'm a Commercial Pilot based in the Northeast, spend my time between here and Manchester at weekends. Keen to get involved so if anyone could let me know when the NE and NW meets are that'd be great...thanks.

Cheers

Steve
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E30 Register & Competition Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 3:56pm
Steve...The NE area are quite active and the NW too...so a result really...have fun...your M3 could be a good track day vehicle for someone

Worth putting for sale on club site if price is sensible
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
Stuart Fowles View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Fowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 4:05pm
Stuart Fowles E39 M5
Stuart Fowles View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Fowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 4:12pm
hi my name is stuart i have been a member of the club for 2 years but have just joined the fourum. i own a e39 m5 on a year 2000 hope u like the pics

Edited by Stuart Fowles - 25 Feb 2008 at 4:18pm
Stuart Fowles E39 M5
gerald View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 8:06pm
Hi stewart,

you managed to sort it then your pics look  really good,

Gerald
gerald 323i e36 coupe
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 5:50pm
Welcome to the forum Stuart, the M5 looks great.
PaulN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 11:05am
Hi All,

A little late, but i picked up my Z4 July Last year and also joined the Bmw car club. Well nearly a year has passed and im still loving the lines of the Z4.

Its pretty Basic but i thought i could upgrade as and when i wanted:

Z4 2.0i SE Jet Black
17" Turbine-Spoke Style
Hi-Fi Sys Prof DSP

Im Looking to Re-trim the Standard Cloth seats so company suggestions are welcome. I know the 2.0l isn't super car performance but after owner a Lotus Elan S2 for 6 years i just want a little more refinement.

Cheers

PaulN
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 11:48am
Welcome aboard Paul!

Think about what you can do for the club, not what it can do for you...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:01pm
Hi, just joined the Forum after purchasing my first BMW car,,,previously had several bikes.
Got a 120d that I am quite happy with. Just nicely got back from a back to back test with the 120d that has had the full AC Schnitzer treatment at www.rossiters.net ....we had to endure a long weekend at the Nurburgring and obviously do a few laps.
The cars handled themselves well but wow what a difference that ACS suspension is over standard.
I will do a photo report of the trip at some point and keep a look out for forthcoming issues of Performance Tuner magazine, it should feature a several page article on the two cars.
Looking forward to meeting people off the site at future events.
Dave
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:05am
Welcome to all those new and returning members and hope you enjoy the club, it is developing all the time and sure there will be other advancements during the forthcoming years...some nice people in the club and some branch meeting popping up to make it easier to take part and show your car and meet people...cheers Neil
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
davidoli View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 10:33am
Originally posted by boristhebold boristhebold wrote:

Hi, just joined the Forum after purchasing my first BMW car,,,previously had several bikes.
Got a 120d that I am quite happy with. Just nicely got back from a back to back test with the 120d that has had the full AC Schnitzer treatment at www.rossiters.net ....we had to endure a long weekend at the Nurburgring and obviously do a few laps.
The cars handled themselves well but wow what a difference that ACS suspension is over standard.
I will do a photo report of the trip at some point and keep a look out for forthcoming issues of Performance Tuner magazine, it should feature a several page article on the two cars.
Looking forward to meeting people off the site at future events.
Dave

Welcome David .......I agree with your comments re the AC Schnitzer suspension after having the pleasure of owning an E34 M5 3.8 with their set up .....It's just a shame that they don't make suspension for that variant anymore ......

I look forward to your update .

D
AndrewE View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by davidoli davidoli wrote:

.......I agree with your comments re the AC Schnitzer suspension after having the pleasure of owning an E34 M5 3.8 with their set up .....It's just a shame that they don't make suspension for that variant anymore ......

I think I bought the last sets of E34 M5 dampers last year, along with a load of Hartge ones.
davidoli View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by AndrewE AndrewE wrote:

Originally posted by davidoli davidoli wrote:

.......I agree with your comments re the AC Schnitzer suspension after having the pleasure of owning an E34 M5 3.8 with their set up .....It's just a shame that they don't make suspension for that variant anymore ......

I think I bought the last sets of E34 M5 dampers last year, along with a load of Hartge ones.

OK , There's no need to rub it in !

D
Alcuin View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:25pm
hi there just to say hallo

i've posted a fuller message in the general forum - any help and advice welcome
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 10:41pm
Hello all

Just joined the car club and forum and look forward to coming along to the various meets and events either locally in the central region or nationally.

I have two BMW's a Imola Red 330cd and my most recent purchase a 1984 E30 320i SE in henna red, which i love to bits, both cars are weekend warriors thou and love the garage for a bit of comfort, i have a Skoda octavia as my work hack

Just wanted to say hello and say i'm sure i'll need your advise quite a lot regarding my cars and look forward to talking to you all.

Cheers
Paul
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 8:44am

Hi Diddler,

Welcome to the forum, you'll find all are friendly and helpful here!

Cheers,

Darren.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 4:26pm
Hello Everybody,

I am new to the club and attended my first event yesterday, namely, the South West Regional Concours at Ashburton. Very enjoyable, in a lovely setting, I was happy to see that my E30 Touring didn't look too out of place after a day of cleaning and polishing. A great day was rounded off by winning a prize in the raffle!

I used to own an E28 528i about 12yrs ago, my favorite car in the 45+ or so that I've had so far. I was in the other BMW club then.....this one is much better! Current cars are the E30 318 Touring & an E32 730i V8.

Cheers,

Peter.

Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 5:37pm
Look after that touring...getting harder to find in good condition
Dameon View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dameon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 9:45am

Just like to say good morning all. Some may know me from e30zone.net.

This is one of my cars:

It's an Alpina C2 2.5 - I also have one or two others

Look forward to meeting some of you at Gaydon,

Dameon.
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 9:53am
Dameon...welcome

Unusual to see C2 2.5 as a facelift and therefore with MT2...know the 2.7 was done that way..

When you see Jason ask him for a cover for your rear panel...if not I should have one...however not a lot at the dealer

Dont forget to add your details for Bracknell and Gaydon

Cheers Neil
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 10:27am

Welcome Daemon, the Alpina looks very nice, but you are going to have to show us some pics of the others!

Dameon View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dameon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Cabrio Cabrio wrote:

Dameon...welcome

Unusual to see C2 2.5 as a facelift and therefore with MT2...know the 2.7 was done that way..

When you see Jason ask him for a cover for your rear panel...if not I should have one...however not a lot at the dealer

Dont forget to add your details for Bracknell and Gaydon

Cheers Neil

Hi Neil,

It's funny you should mention that, but I have evidence from Sytner nottingham that the car was ordered and converted to M Tech II spec upon order as a C2 2.5. It was a mid 1990 car so just missed out on the 10/90 facelift cabriolet launch. There was a replacement front and rear panel, boot carpets etc. 

Thankfully it's a proper Sytner car with the original service book and papers to prove its origin! Unusual for a gloss black cabriolet let alone a 324 code crimson interior to boot!
Dameon View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dameon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by dteagles dteagles wrote:

Welcome Daemon, the Alpina looks very nice, but you are going to have to show us some pics of the others!

Thanks for the welcome dteagles. I'll post some pics of my others tomorrow!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 5:53pm
Hi,

My Name is Steve,i'm 24, Married with 3 Children. I live in Kent and Drive a 1999 e46 323 auto..

dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 7:19pm
Welcome Steve (and family)!

louise View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 3:35pm
hi my name is louise, i have a 330 clubsport in estoril blue, i have recently joined the club.

anyone help me out, not sure who i need to speak to in regard to getting my car on a stand at the show on 20th july at waddesden manor??? 

thanx
330 clubsport
Simon View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by louise louise wrote:

hi my name is louise, i have a 330 clubsport in estoril blue, i have recently joined the club.

anyone help me out, not sure who i need to speak to in regard to getting my car on a stand at the show on 20th july at waddesden manor??? 

thanx

Welcome Louise.

Nice choice of car! Not sure how long you've been a club member but you may/may not have seen a couple of running reports I've done on my C/Sport.

I started a roll call in the coupe forum so you might want to pop in that section too.

Enjoy the car btw.
Ti Silver E39 530i Sport saloon & Ti Silver E46 318i SE saloon
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by louise louise wrote:

thanx

Welcome Louise, hope to meet you at Waddesdon.

Darren.

PhilBM View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:32pm
Hi my name is Phil and I own a 2005 E60 525d Msport and a 1987 E30 325 Sport which between them have very different driving characteristics as you can imagine. These are my 7th and 8th BMW's I've owned since 1994 when I started out with a E34 518i. 

Just visited Waddesdon at the weekend and I must say that for my first BMW CC event it was a very enjoyable day. Certainly not my last.

87 E30 325i Sport
15 F15 X5 40d M Sport
18 420i M Sport coupe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 36>