Join the Club
Forum Home Forum Home > General Club Forum > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

New Forum members introduce yourself here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Johnm7 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 8:32pm
Welcome to club 
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

LeMans06 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeMans06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 8:45pm
👋 new member here (kind of). I first joined in 2019 with my E90 318d, I let that go after a years ownership, I did enjoy that car so recently been lusting after another one. So this is my recent purchase, an E92 330d, I would've preferred the petrol but as I'm using it daily then I needed the diesel for work, but still love it regardless! It is an Individual spec with Atlantis Blue exterior and with I believe the Champagne Interior? ( Correct me if i'm wrong on that)

Cheers guys, hope you like it 👍

Edited by cre8 - 10 May 2022 at 8:47am
60ROLL View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 60ROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 5:18pm
Hi to all BMWCCGB members

I have just relocated from South Africa Cape Town.

I joined the BMW Car Club a few days ago, ex Cape Town member and hoping to meet you all at some of the events.

I just bought a X5 4.0d and my 135i is in a container at the port in Cape Town ready to ship.

X5

135I

If you would like to see a bit more on the car:

Thanks

If you have the power you will have the glory
Phillip View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 7:14pm
Afternoon I am an owner of Z4 2003
DavidC View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 1:26pm
Thanks for allowing me access to the forum Thumbs Up

I live in Aberdeen and hope to become involved in some of the events when time allows.

I'm currently driving a M340d 
Shaun170 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 11:47am
Hi everyone, I’m a new paid up member. 

Looking forward to the SE meets either in Kent or Surrey/Sussex as I’m near Gatwick. 

I have an X3 G01 M40i in Brooklyn grey with quite a few cosmetic mods since getting it. My first proper BMW having come from a R56 Mini Cooper s for the last few years and a Mini one before that. Apparently mine was the first 22 model in the UK last September (2021!)

Here’s a video of my car being unloaded at the dealers 

Can’t post any pictures unfortunately as I’m not on any photo hosting sites or any social media so the forum is where I’ll keep checking for news and meets. 

All the best 

Shaun. 

Edited by cre8 - 08 Sep 2022 at 12:42pm
cre8 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cre8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 1:09pm
Quote Can’t post any pictures unfortunately as I’m not on any photo hosting sites

TIP  

When you reply to a post, use the POST REPLY button, rather than the Quick Reply as this gives you more tools 

If you go to Insert Image (the green tree button) you can upload images to the forum 

It's a limited space, so keep images small ~ 800px max and keep file sizes as small as possible 500kB max

Shaun170 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by cre8 cre8 wrote:

Quote Can’t post any pictures unfortunately as I’m not on any photo hosting sites

TIP  

When you reply to a post, use the POST REPLY button, rather than the Quick Reply as this gives you more tools 

If you go to Insert Image (the green tree button) you can upload images to the forum 

It's a limited space, so keep images small ~ 800px max and keep file sizes as small as possible 500kB max

Thank you. Thumbs Up

DaniboiM3 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniboiM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 3:33pm
Hi all

Newbie here. I’ve been meaning to join the page for some time due to the multitude of BMW’s I’ve had over the years but I’ve finally settled with just two.

Currently own an 2011 E91 330d as a daily and a 1997 E36 M3 Evo coupe (better referred to as the money pit)

Hopefully I’ll be at a few shows next year so come say hi 👋 

Zebbo View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 9:17pm
Good evening all, I'm Pete and I've just joined. I'm a carpenter from Capel-le-Ferne near Folkestone.
I don't yet own a BMW but I'm looking for a low mileage Z3 preferably a 2.0 or 2.2.  The car is to replace my beautiful Triumph Daytona T595 which was written off last year when I was pulled out on at 40mph. I suffered  bi-lateral pelvis fractures and a broken right knee. That was last August and I'm still struggling with the knee.
Anyway, enough of my woes! I've joined the club hoping to glean some knowledge from existing owners. While trying to work out what car I'd like to replace the bike I'd not even considered the Z3 but since going to look at one and having a drive I'm smitten! It's going to be a Z3 !
Follow up: Just bagged myself a 2000 2ltr in Topaz Blue with just 67k miles. Can't wait to pick it up!

Edited by Zebbo - 09 Dec 2022 at 8:33pm
Everything hurts!!!
Greenman View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 10:16am
Hello all

New member here - just acquired my first BMW

Looking forward to joining in events, especially the Silverstone Classic...sorry Festival, and any local meets

Shaun170 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 7:08pm
Welcome Greenman. I only joined this year and went to my local meet back in September. Very friendly club. I’m looking forward to next year. Thumbs Up
T-cut View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-cut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 6:23pm
Hello to everyone,
My name is Alan and live in Nottingham. I don't have a BMW at the moment, Hoping the remidy that this weekend. Got my eyes set on a 640d Gran Coupe.
Cheers
Kind Regards
Alan
Somerset Jim View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Somerset Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 9:25pm
Hi all,

I have just joined the club as I now own a couple of BMW’s for fun rather than as daily cars. I come from a long line of BMW’s since my late teens owning nine 3 series, two 7 series, three 5 series, one 8 series, and a 6 series GC which was a pre release press car with all the bells and whistles and spent 7 years at the Munich museum before I bought it from BMW UK.

Over the last year I have imported a couple of BMW’s from Japan since these cars have no rust on them and are generally very well looked after cars. The first was back in February 2022 which was a 1 owner 540i E39 with 19k miles on the clock. This car was a mint car and needed nothing doing other than a couple of suspension bushes which were duly sorted before the first MOT. The second car arrived last week (although bought in June!) and again is a one owner car and this time with 13k miles on the clock; a 735i E38. This one needs a little work to be carried out, namely the headliner as well as a bushing and some rubber seals on the exterior (all ordered in anticipation of next week’s MOT). 

Looking forward to catching up at some events sometime and will no doubt have questions to ask as I try my hand as some maintenance along the way.

Some photos for those who are interested.

E39 540i Sport 2000
E38 735i 1998
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 7:52pm
Do you still have the green E46 ? That's a lovely looking thing...
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
The-orange-e34 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The-orange-e34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 6:44pm
Hi all, bit of a marmite car had it for a couple of years mainly a track car but using it daily at the moment.
I’m from Birmingham hopefully will be at some meets this year, so will hopefully meet some of you.
I brought this as a drift car that had been abused and have cleaner her up so she’s a bit more respectable.
Of course there’s still plenty to be done.

Edited by cre8 - 13 Jan 2023 at 6:51pm
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 10:59am
Originally posted by The-orange-e34 The-orange-e34 wrote:

Hi all, bit of a marmite car had it for a couple of years mainly a track car but using it daily at the moment.
I’m from Birmingham hopefully will be at some meets this year,

Welcome. I hope to see you on one of our trackdays:
https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/track-days-motorsport/
The 2023 trackdays at Anglesey, Cadwell, Croft and Oulton are now available to book in the club shop.
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
The-orange-e34 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The-orange-e34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 8:40pm
I have already had a flick through I will more than likely come to a couple.
ON53Mike View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ON53Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 7:22pm
Evening all, 

My name is Michael, I was born across the channel, and somehow made my way into the Black Country where you will now find me enjoying my 2008 3.0 E92 325i. 

The car has only covered 40k miles from new, and is my 2nd ever vehicle and a BMW - the first being a 320Ci E46.

I'm a big fan of schwarz leather, wooden trim, and a sporty but a smooth ride. I can get extremely nerdy about the technical aspects of this car as well as its history, there is something about the E92's that just hits the spot for me! 

I hope to meet a lot of likeminded BMW owners and witness some amazing machinesHandshake

ON53Mike
Fixedwheelnut View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixedwheelnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:39pm
Beautiful E30 love it.Tongue
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Somerset Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 11:41pm
Looks like a lovely cared for example. 

I had a few E93’s and would happily have another in a heartbeat. 

Do you plan on doing anything to it or simply use it and enjoy?
E39 540i Sport 2000
E38 735i 1998
MarcF10 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcF10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:28am
Hi folks,

My name is Markos and I got my first ever BMW last year.

Thank you! Smile
Shaun170 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shaun170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:38pm
Hug What did you get then? 
MarcF10 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcF10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Shaun170 Shaun170 wrote:

Hug What did you get then? 

Hi Shaun, I got an M5 - F10. Very nice car Smile

Shaun170 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shaun170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 8:54pm
M5……nice Thumbs Up
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Somerset Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by NickDE NickDE wrote:

Do you still have the green E46 ? That's a lovely looking thing...

Unfortunately no. It was a lovely car but at the time we just did not have the need and it made way for a SWB G Wagen of all cars.
E39 540i Sport 2000
E38 735i 1998
Dave Y View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dave Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 5:37pm
Hi everyone my name is Dave  i have just bought a 1series 135i coupe. I collect it on the 3rd
Its a 62 plate on 22000 genuine miles in black which looks dark blue to me. When i collect the car i will put some pics up.

MarcF10 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcF10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Dave Y Dave Y wrote:

Hi everyone my name is Dave  i have just bought a 1series 135i coupe. I collect it on the 3rd
Its a 62 plate on 22000 genuine miles in black which looks dark blue to me. When i collect the car i will put some pics up.

Welcome! Smile
Hodkinson1948 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hodkinson1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 6:35pm
Hello
I am a new member and would just like to say hello to everyone and hope we can all be of assistance to each other.
Regards
Dave
Stevo ste View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevo ste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 9:42pm
Hi my name is Steve bought a 2000 525 I se a year ago in topaz blue. Been well cared for with only 68000 on clock. In for MOT tomorrow so fingers crossed all goes ok! Hope to meet some of you at some meets from the north west district. One question tho why do they all seem to rust at bottom of bootlid under the key area?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>