Join the Club
Forum Home Forum Home > General Club Forum > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

New Forum members introduce yourself here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 36>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E30 Register & Competition Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 12:00am
Welcome Steven - looks the roads near you are worse than where I live - thought we had some bad potholes
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

bedford View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 11:07pm
hi thought i would say hello just got my car blue e46 330 convertible
not sure what colour blue dont know were paint code is.
no pictures yet hopefully get some up soon.
                  keith

Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 8:49am
Keith - thanks for joining us - looking forward to seeing the pics and you at a meet later in the year
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
bill View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by bedford bedford wrote:

hi thought i would say hello just got my car blue e46 330 convertible
not sure what colour blue dont know were paint code is.
no pictures yet hopefully get some up soon.
                  keith

welcome keith
bill
Rob K View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:04pm
Hello
very new to the world of BMWs having only picked the car up last week...

2005 Z4 3.0i SE Roadster Malidives Blue with Aero Kit

first BMW but not my first roadster

Based in the aberdeenshire area and will be interested in Scottish BMWCC meets...

Edited by Rob K - 21 Apr 2010 at 12:04pm
bill View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 8:21pm
welcome rob
bill
PhilipBlakemore View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipBlakemore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:18am
Hi All,

My name's Philip I have an E61 520d tourer originally bought as a company car but 3 years and 118,000 miles later, I decided to pay the balloon payment and keep it. We'll see how it goes.

I think you can now say I'm now a BMW enthusiast (sort of).

I live in North Yorkshire, so I'm in the NE region, but halfway between the Yorks guys and the Tyne Tees guys

Cheers

Philip
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 3:36pm
Welcome Phillip - the E61 is a good car - if you have had the car a while guess it has needed some work under the warrenty - hope big jobs have all been done - cheers Neil
bill View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 7:14pm
hi welcome to fourm
bill
PhilipBlakemore View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipBlakemore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:17am
Cheers guys,

Only work under warranty was heated rear screen element (loom) and self leveling suspension pump :-)
just out of warranty and I've had my rear dif rebuilt :-(

All seems ok now though (touch wood).

Regards

Philip
E30MW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E30MW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 8:36am
I'm a recent newbie to both the club and the forum,although I have run E30's for several years!
Current fleet;
Touring was a barn find,LHD,French plates and minus an engine.I converted to RHD and stuck an M50 in.Goes nicely.
Neon Green cabbie is shown here almost finished,bought in a poor state and re-built.I did'nt do the bodywork,had to pay for that!
This one has an M20,a home built 2.7 based around an eta engine.
dips View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 9:15am
welcome and enjoy mate 
bedford View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 7:56pm
nice car and color wellcome to the club
E30MW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E30MW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by bedford bedford wrote:

nice car and color wellcome to the club
Thank you!
I understand that only about 50 Neon Green cabbies were built in RHD,so I have tried to keep the exterior reasonably standard.
What the thing looked like on delivery;
And when ready for the bodyman!
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 9:16pm
Welcome to the forum always good to see some new E30's on the forum - your projects look worthy of some articles in the mag

For your info - 200 E30 Design cabs were built in Neon Blue and Neon Green - but lt less left now - on J and K plates and suffered from rot and abuse and the seats are hard to repair properly

Look forward to your posts in the E30 section 
E30MW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E30MW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Cabrio Cabrio wrote:

Welcome to the forum always good to see some new E30's on the forum - your projects look worthy of some articles in the mag

For your info - 200 E30 Design cabs were built in Neon Blue and Neon Green - but lt less left now - on J and K plates and suffered from rot and abuse and the seats are hard to repair properly

Look forward to your posts in the E30 section 
Agree with your numbers built,my information indicates that 200 RHD blue and 50 RHD green were imported,50 blue and 200 green LHD built....
There's a guy in Holland with a green LHD that passed that on to me!
Check out my post elsewhere on the forum for seat repair photos.
Green seat backrest covers were still available(15 left..)last summer.
BTW,does a front strut brace help to cut down the scuttle shake in a cabbie?
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 9:59pm
Hia - according to BMW UK - there were 200 in total blue and green - RHD - I scrapped a blue one last year and many of them are tatty so will become rarer - seriously - write an article and I will get it published for you
dips View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by E30MW E30MW wrote:

BTW,does a front strut brace help to cut down the scuttle shake in a cabbie?

a zone car ,the strut brace doesnt make a difference on a cabrio as the turrets are already tied in to the inner wings mate
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 10:28pm
To be fair Dips it will prevent to flex within the engine bay so will strenthen the front end - but the scuttle shake in a cab comes from the fact you dont have a roof and thats a hard one to fix unless you add a hardtop - which defeats the object really  - s it will improve by reducing flex but wont fix it

Dips - see you during the week 
bill View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 8:37am
welcome to fourm
bill
Kevin Whittaker View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 1:39am
Hello, my name is Kevin and I have been a BMW owner for a number of years now, currently I own a 1988 E30 325iSE Coupe and a 2008 E91 330 MSport (also had an E46 330iSE Touring previously), my partner also has a 2006 MINI Cooper.

I am also a moderator on another BMW forum which takes up quite a bit of my time (maybe some of you recognise my username?), but love to spend my time both working on and driving my BM's.

I have attached a couple of pictures from my photobucket account of my current cars, I hope to see some of you around soon

Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:45am
Kevin - welcome

Quite a collection - thanks for the post and images

I hope you can take a more active role on this forum if you get time

Cheers neil
bill View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 10:14pm
welcome to fourm kevin on same fourm as you mate gunner1
bill
Kevin Whittaker View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Whittaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 10:30pm
Thanks, I hope to become more active. I did attend the Club meet at Tatton Park last Sepetember and met a few other really decent members

Hi Bill, nice to see you again. It's been..... minutes

Edited by Kevin Whittaker - 26 May 2010 at 10:31pm
microcat36 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microcat36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 9:47pm
Hi, my name is Colin Hunter, i really should have registered before as i have had BMW's for years, i have just bought a 1985 E23 735i SE in Alpine white, I also have one in Polaris Silver, my daily car is a E39 528i SE Touring.

The white 735i is a real time warp car and is in stunning condition for it's age, recommissioned last year after a 7 years lay up, it has had a lot of work done and i love the car, my other passion is Saabs as i have a few of them as well.

safe1 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member
BMWCC Club President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safe1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 6:14pm
Colin, they look the BiZZzzzzz. so come and show them at some events--
Gofastsafe
NeRo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by safe1 safe1 wrote:

Colin, they look the BiZZzzzzz. so come and show them at some events--

Hoi - hands off he's in Jockland

Hi Colin - welcome to the forum. I know you are aware of our Scottish meets

www.bmwccscotland.co.uk/

Jonttt View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 10:38pm
Just joined the club and thought I should introduce myself to the forum with my first post

I've had more cars than I car to remember but apart from a few flirtations with mercedes over the past few years I've settled on BMW and currently drive a 530d Msport as my daily drive.

I decided early last year that I wanted a "hobby" car to keep, the only requirements were that it must be a 2 seater convertable and fun to drive.

I initially looked at Z4m's but was drawn to the classic looks of the Z3's and ultimately decided to keep half the cash in my pocket and picked up a 2000 Silver S50.

I absolutely fell in love with the car and spend the next 6 months tinkering with it to get the basic specification and appearance I wanted.

Then fate took over and I ended up swapping it for a 2001 Imola S54 late last year.

First "keeper" car I've ever bought and I'm absolutley loving it

I went to the Harewood House event last Sunday and had the chance to take some pics beforehand.

dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:06am
Welcome guys, cars all look great!

Think about what you can do for the club, not what it can do for you...
Ste Brandreth View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ste Brandreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 1:21pm
Hi All. its my first post to introduce myself. i am based in Cheshire and joined the club at the Tatton show this year. This is my first attempt at loading photos so please bear with.

Not sure if any of these load up so lets see. The Defender in one of the pics belongs to a good mate of mine. it is a car I spent most of last year doing various jobs but the finished item sure attracts attention. We was going to compete on this years Gum ball rally with it but because of work commitments it had to be sidelined. By the way I bought my 540 sport (6 speed) from my mate 8 years ago and as he owned it from new I know foe a fact it has been treasured from new. he owned an automatic version on the 540 before this one for a week!! didnt like it so he traded it in for this one. An Imola red M5 replaced my 540. what a car that was.

Edited by NeRo - 26 Jun 2010 at 2:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 36>