FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Michelin factory to close

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michelin factory to close
    Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:36pm
Sad to hear the Michelin factory at Dundee will close with loss of 845 jobs. Potential knock on effect is the availability and costs of certain tyres they currently produced.
n
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

George K View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 6:56pm
Devastating news indeed for the Dundee area, I have a friend who works there and he says the Dundee factory only produces 14”, 15” and 16” tyres so not much in BMW territory.
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:32pm
I've just bought a set of 14" Micheleins for my E30. They were not made in Scotland though.
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Grizzle_E60 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grizzle_E60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:43pm
worries me that the govt had propped it up since 2005 to the tune of 11 million pound and Michelin has never adjusted the tyre sizes they would produce from the Dundee factory. Seems all very suspect. 
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:02am
Well I hope the Government spend some monies trying to help those made redundant or contract terminated find alternative employment. I hope it is also not politically motivated.
n
 Post Reply Post Reply