FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Rich's E90 project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rich's E90 project
    Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:51pm
Hi.
Since I swapped my E46 to an E90 in Sept 18, I have been pleased with it. I have been buying a few tools etc to help with the work I am looking at doing to bring it up to my standard that I am accustomed to but keeping it factory standard as much as possible.

IMG_0100 by rich, on Flickr

Jacking up pads

IMG_0097 by rich, on Flickr

Touch up sticks for stone chips & high gloss shadowline trim that requires cosmetic work

IMG_0099 by rich, on Flickr

I had to have a new heater blower motor fitted the other week under warranty, due to it making this noise. Thankfully I decided to video it just incase it didn't happen again when I took it in to the dealer. Although I showed the service advisor the video, the technician managed to replicate the noise again for diagnosis. Tried to load video through Flickr, but all I get is a pic of my climate control.

Then last week someone kindly done this to my carAngry so now I have another job to sort out.

Untitled by rich, on Flickr

I will update this thread as & when,depending on weather & time.

rich

Edited by rpennington - 30 Jun 2018 at 7:45pm
1999 E46 323i se Saloon - sold
2011 E90 325d msport - sold
2014 F30 335d xdrive msport plus pack
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

rpennington View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:35pm
Apologises to the admin team if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.please move these posts into the correct section if it's in the wrong place, as I meant to put it in the 3 series section.

Regards

Edited by rpennington - 03 May 2018 at 10:23am
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:02pm

Since I ordered my new shadowline trim after someone damaged it, I arranged to have bmw fit it in the end after making enquiries about how it came apart there was a lot involved. So I made the booking for the car to go in on the Friday morning & wait for them to fit it.

I didn't open the packaging to check if it was damaged or not, the guy took my car & after a few minutes came back to show me the damage on the new trim & then asked me if I still wanted it fitting & of course no was my answer. So another one had to be ordered that came in the same day & I then went back in the afternoon to have it fitted.

Genuine bmw part was about £32
Bmw main dealer fitting was £78

Old part removed

As you can see from the photo's not much damage but enough, so I am hoping to be able to straighten it out.

Now looking as it should

Regards
rich

Edited by rpennington - 01 Jun 2018 at 9:20pm
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 10:00pm
After a little bit of thinking, I decided to take the decision to update my idrives sat nav from 2011 to 2018 this brings it up to date for the next 2 years.
If anyone is thinking of doing this, the download through the bmw ConnectedDrive portal is approx 22gb, you will need a minimum 64gb usb drive formatted to fat32. This was confirmed by them on the phone, due to me not having done this before I asked them also which USB port was to be used, they told me the one in the arm rest of which I could see the files but couldn’t get it to load. I then tried the one in the glovebox & this seemed to work & shows the new updated version in the sat nav’s Options screen.

Regards
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 7:42pm
I was drying around the bonnet shuts & ended up taking one of these protection foils off from the bottom of the windscreen A pillar & the other side was looking dirty & scruffy so decided to replace the pair.

I cleaned the areas with a small amount of tar & glue remover before applying the new protection foils

new foils in place

Just a simple & cheap job but tidies it up

Edited by rpennington - 30 Jun 2018 at 7:52pm
Roger123 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm
Good work Rich.  Shame about the scroat who damaged your car.  Hope to see you at Gaydon maybe...
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:42pm
 I was not a happy bunny when i noticed the damage,as you could imagine, just glad it wasn’t much worse. I am looking at going to gaydon this year,but haven’t bought my ticket as yet & I will be on central stand. It would be good to put a face to the name if you know what i mean, i see a few i know but not many.

With regards to the work on my car i still have a few bits to do that i noticed when i bought it & then i will start doing things that i want to do to bring it up to the standard i’m accustomed to.

Rich

Edited by rpennington - 01 Jul 2018 at 3:46pm
Roger123 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 8:18pm
Ok Rich, Gaydon it is then.  Look forward to putting a face to the name also!

Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Roger123 Roger123 wrote:

Ok Rich, Gaydon it is then.  Look forward to putting a face to the name also!

Hi Roger
I have sent you a pm with my mobile number & my national festival band & hanger came today.

Regards
Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply