of Great Britain & Ireland
Forum Rules
Contact Forum Admin
Join the Club
Forum Home Forum Home > General Club Forum > Photo Section > Show My Car
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Z3 from France...who was before one of yours!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedjfou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z3 from France...who was before one of yours!
    Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:37pm
Hi everyone,

I'm Tom, 34, living around Paris area in France and BMW enthusiast amongts other cars...
I owned a 1989 520i E34, a 1991 325i E30 convertible, a 1995 328i E36 convertible, a 1998 735i E38 and 1999 M3 3.2 convertible, Individual.

I still own the 735i (what a car !) and just sold the M3, not using it enough and not having enough time to provide it with the car it needed), and came back to what I wanted before : a Z3. Yeah, I'm pretty into convertibles Wink

6 cylinders Z3 in France are at crazingly high prices... and since it's only to use in summer period every now and then, I decided to go in UK and to buy a high-mileaged RHD for export ! Which I did a few weeks ago.

Here's the beast when I picked it up at Stockton on Tees, an hour South down from Newcastle :

On the way back, here on the London bridge :

Until the channel tunnel !

And right into the train... :

And now at home with one of my other cars :

Yeah I know... I have a RHD german car and a LHD british car Big smile .

So why I am posting here ? Quite simple... because of this on the windscreen !

I have absolutely no service history, manual or paperwork. Nothing on that car besides the 2 keys.
However, I know from the V5c it's previous owner was called Alexander, lived in Millport, Isle of Cumbrae (that's why it's so rusted LOL ), and kept it 10 years (bought in October 2007). Owner before was a lady in Larbert, north of Glasgow.

Is that one of you ? Have you already seen this car around ?
I would so much love to get in touch with him - that's the cool stuff with discussion boards Smile

Cheers,

Thomas.
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

thedjfou View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedjfou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:35am
Hi from holidays in Italy !
No-one recognises this car then ? It's sad :)
Cheers
safe1 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member
BMWCC Club President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safe1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
Hi Thomas--Welcome to Our Club. Big smile

The Scottish Region section E address is--  bmwccscottishregion@gmail.com  and Isabelle Phillips is the person you should contact, for perhaps an ex member owner with name.
Gofastsafe
petecossie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petecossie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:35pm
I recognise the location in Stockton-On-Tees, its only about 10 mins down the road from me in Billingham.

Private sale or dealer?
Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos black/black.
Previous BMWs
2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/black.
2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black/black.
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina
Ian Conuel View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Conuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:42pm
I recognise that z3. Owned and cherished by 'muppet' on www.zroadster.net

Link to post where the car won a prize www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26339

Edited by Ian Conuel - 13 Aug 2017 at 10:47pm
1998 z3m coupe

safe1 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member
BMWCC Club President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safe1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 1:17pm
Well Done Ian--Clap
Gofastsafe
thedjfou View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedjfou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by safe1 safe1 wrote:

Hi Thomas--Welcome to Our Club. Big smile

The Scottish Region section E address is--  bmwccscottishregion@gmail.com  and Isabelle Phillips is the person you should contact, for perhaps an ex member owner with name.

Hi, thanks for your warm welcome !
Sorry the post of full of spelling mistakes... guess I was way to excited when I drafted it !

Originally posted by petecossie petecossie wrote:

I recognise the location in Stockton-On-Tees, its only about 10 mins down the road from me in Billingham.

Private sale or dealer?

Hi ! Dealer... they were quite nice, though absolutely no history on the car.
Basically, the car, some gas in the tank, and 1 key, off I go Big smile

Originally posted by Ian Conuel Ian Conuel wrote:

I recognise that z3. Owned and cherished by 'muppet' on www.zroadster.net

Link to post where the car won a prize www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26339

WHOA ! That's it !
This is just sooo cool... I'll try to reach muppet then to get some info on the car !
Doesn't look as good anymore, but it does feel as a cherished car. Interior is very neat (driver seat bolster is an example), and engine pulls like new. Chassis looks a bit tired and will require some care. It will get some Tongue
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 10:13am
Hi Tom

I am Sandy , the former keeper of the V1LAN. Great to see it out having a good time. Surprised that there is only one key as I sold it with Two and there were plenty paperwork with it as well.

I will Private message you with my email and you can ask me anything you like about the car.

Sandy

zed 3 2.8 ...fast enough for an old bloke
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 1:48pm

The replacement

zed 3 2.8 ...fast enough for an old bloke
thedjfou View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedjfou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 4:17pm
Hi Sandy !
So cool... I love the power of internet, being able to chat with previous passionate owner on a car that travelled from Scotland to France ! Evil Smile.
Really happy to be able to do so, I'll learn lots on the car it's awesome.
I have lot's of questions - will reach by PM then to avoid polluting the thread with that stuff that will probably not interest other people.

Here is a pic from the interior today : still very neat for 135K miles !

And I love the original head unit though not CD... and though I can't use it because I don't have the code Clown

On the M3 I had bought back an original BMW Business CD unit, looks perfect.
 Post Reply Post Reply