BMW Car Club Forum Homepage
The BMW Car Club
of Great Britain & Ireland
Forum Rules
Contact Forum Admin
Join the Club
Forum Home Forum Home > Club Regions > Scottish Region
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Scottish region stand Silverstone 28-30 July 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Scottish region stand Silverstone 28-30 July 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scottish region stand Silverstone 28-30 July 2017
    Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:18pm

PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE IN THREAD TITLE

anyone who can't make the revised dates can contact the organisers before 28th

February 2017 to claim a full refund.

Please note this event is open to paid up car club members only, if you do wish to attend this event but are not a paid up member then there’s one simple way to remedy that, phone up the Car Club office and join.

Ladies and Gents we’ve had a few of our members expressing an interest in attending the Silverstone Classic show on 21st - 23rd July 2017.

I have been in contact with the event organisers and they have given us the opportunity to display our cars and have offered us the chance to purchase Car club display packages. I have included the display package prices below, the different ticket options on offer above will give you the opportunity to book a package that will suit yourself.

Early Bird Tickets Until 31st March 2016
Friday
  £43
Saturday  £71
Sunday   £60
2-Day Fri/Sat  £82
2-Day Sat/Sun  £94
3-Day Weekend  £99

Advance Tickets 1st April – 31st May 2016
Friday £50
Saturday £76
Sunday £65
2-Day Fri/Sat £92
2-Day Sat/Sun £104
3-Day
 Weekend  £118

Camping is available for £49 per person for the full weekend or for those that don’t want to slum it there is the option of many hotels in the area but from what I’ve seen so far they are booking up very quickly and those left are rather expensive.

Hotel prices seem to be ranging wildly from £50-£160 per night depending on distance from Silverstone albeit a lot of hotels close to track are already showing as sold out.
e.g. Hotel we use for Gaydon is £60 per night but is a 40min drive from Silverstone(without traffic)

Be warned I have heard that anyone travelling in and out each day could face long queue’s to enter and exit the show each day

important please read instructions

If you wish to attend and display your car at this event please PM me with your car club membership number and I will forward on the unique booking code and the link that will allow you to purchase your preferred Car Club Display package tickets. If you are looking to book camping that can be done when booking your display package.

For those wanting to book a hotel, this will be your own responsibility. There may be some members attending that want to stay at the same hotel as a group so please contact me before booking hotels and I may be able to point you in the right direction of other members doing similar.

Once you have booked up please PM me details of your booking (how many days, camping/hotel) so I can add your name to the list.

If you have any questions at all PM me.

Edited by stevie53 - 01 Dec 2016 at 6:11pm
94 E34 M5 Artic Silver
00 E39 M5 Imola Red
95 E34 M5 LE Rosso Red
08 E92 M3 Graphite Grey
08 E90 M3 Silverstone II
11 F10 M5 Singapore Grey
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:53pm
How interesting, one assumes that the aforementioned post is on behalf of the whole club. However, for years the Club has been attending and deals directly with Goose Communications who are the organisers. The Club gets a code which it communicates to members who book their tickets on line. There is normally a meeting with Goose before the event in which the club representative negotiates the best position for the club at this massive event, which has around 120 car clubs.
The allocation is dependant upon ticket sales.

There may I ask are you coordinating this whole event on behalf of the whole club and do people with any queries or questions contact you or the Club office?

Alternatively are you just organising on behalf of the Scottish region and doing your own thing separate from the rest of the Club regions?

You will find that a lot of the local Hotels such as Hilton, Holiday Inn Express and Campanile at Collingtree Northampton will show no availability, they block out bookings and make them available at high prices near the event. The Club normally negotiates a rate at the Holiday Inn Express, however it will be far above the price of the Warwick one. I think it was 90 or 95 pounds last time, IGH members might get a better deal via that site.

Now having said all this, it is a super event and well worth the money, there is loads to see and do and I am sure those who make the journey from wherever in the UK will have a fantastic time.   

Edited by Norrie - 16 Nov 2016 at 7:44pm
n
stevie53 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

How interesting, one assumes that the aforementioned post is on behalf of the whole club. However, for years the Club has been attending and deals directly with Goose Communications who are the organisers. The Club gets a code which it communicates to members who book their tickets on line. There is normally a meeting with Goose before the event in which the club representative negotiates the best position for the club at this massive event, which has around 120 car clubs.
The allocation is dependant upon ticket sales.

There may I ask are you coordinating this whole event on behalf of the whole club and do people with any queries or questions contact you or the Club office?

Norrie,

My apologies Norrie for not titling this thread correctly but as I had posted it in the Scottish region section I expected it would be taken for granted it was a Scottish region event, my mistake. 
Originally my thread had not loaded correctly and only part of the message had appeared and any attempt from me to edit failed, I have since spoken with admin and they have kindly managed to correct the content and I have edited the title.

Some of our regional members have been discussing attending this event for a while now and we know that places within the car club stand are in high demand and that we would not stand much of a chance to get all of our members displaying our cars together.
It was decided that I would approach the organisers of Silverstone classic directly and explain our situation that albeit the car club as a whole have a stand already in attendance would they accept us as a region of the club and give us a stand of our own. When I applied I explained that we weren't expecting anymore than 10 cars there and they were happy to accept our application and forwarded me a code for booking so hence the reason for my post tonight offering our regional members the opportunity to book.
I hope you understand we are not trying to upset anything within the car club as a whole, we do not have any events anything like this on our doorstep and are only trying to give our regional members the chance to enjoy such a wonderful event for the first time, myself included.

Stevie
94 E34 M5 Artic Silver
00 E39 M5 Imola Red
95 E34 M5 LE Rosso Red
08 E92 M3 Graphite Grey
08 E90 M3 Silverstone II
11 F10 M5 Singapore Grey
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:48pm
Thanks for the explanation, there is no shortage of space at Silverstone, it is allocated to each club on ticket sales. I would encourage you to join the rest of the Club, 10 car or more can easily be accommodated. This will help you get a far better position.

I have been for the last 5 years and its very good, if you have not spoken to Alex in the office, do so. I am a member of the Silverstone Racing Club and a frequent visitor and know the area well, if I can help with any questions just ask.

Apologies are not necessary, I just would like all of you to get the best from the event. If you park on the club stand or anywhere inside the circuit it is safe and secure you can leave your car overnight, there is security. There is music every night with different groups, some people bring their own food in as it is very busy and long queues for the food stands at time, booze is quite expensive. But if you are displaying it is easy to bring something in the boot, however this is not the official line.

Edited by Norrie - 16 Nov 2016 at 7:55pm
n
stevie53 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:59pm

Thanks for the explanation, there is no shortage of space at Silverstone, it is allocated on ticket sales. I would encourage you to join the rest of the Club, 10 car or more can easily be accommodated. This will help you get a far better position.

I have been for the last 5 years and its very good, if you have not spoken to Alex in the office, do so. I am a member of the Silverstone Racing Club and a frequent visitor and know the area well, if I can help with any questions just ask.

Thanks for your prompt reply Norrie, We have been under the impression that spaces were tight but if not then I'm sure the guys would love to join the rest of the club display stand. 

I will speak with Alex and see if we can arrange something.

Thanks again for your input and the offer of assistance

regards

Stevie
94 E34 M5 Artic Silver
00 E39 M5 Imola Red
95 E34 M5 LE Rosso Red
08 E92 M3 Graphite Grey
08 E90 M3 Silverstone II
11 F10 M5 Singapore Grey
stevie53 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 8:03pm
Stevie              3 days                camping

94 E34 M5 Artic Silver
00 E39 M5 Imola Red
95 E34 M5 LE Rosso Red
08 E92 M3 Graphite Grey
08 E90 M3 Silverstone II
11 F10 M5 Singapore Grey
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 8:20pm
For gods sake, this post is in the Scottish section of the forum meaning that people from the Scottish section would like to attend. If we / they wish to join "the club" stand, they will look into that. 

At the moment, this is about some people from a particular region wishing to attend a motorsport event and have a weekend away holiday together. 
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 10:50pm
Cambell. That is of course the prerogative of any person or group. However, if those people are members of a National Club at an event which the club attends as a unified group, ie all regions, registers under one umbrella it may be more beneficial to be part of that group?

There is no reason why those registers or regions cannot have their own identity, park together or do anything within the total club group.

I can assure you from experience that Mr Carr-Jones from Goose is only interested in selling tickets, so those groups who apply in relatively small numbers (10 is very small), may well be allocated a disadvantaged position on the basis they are not a returning display group.

No one is telling you or you colleagues what to do, I am just suggesting that advice is taken from the Club office and in particular Alex who dealt with the organiser is 2016 on behalf of all club members.

Whatever you personally decide to do, you will have a good time there, I am sure.   
n
stevie53 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 9:57am
Stevie C             F10 M5         3 days                camping
John A               E36 M3         3 days                camping
94 E34 M5 Artic Silver
00 E39 M5 Imola Red
95 E34 M5 LE Rosso Red
08 E92 M3 Graphite Grey
08 E90 M3 Silverstone II
11 F10 M5 Singapore Grey
garyw 35 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyw 35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

Gary W+1             F80 M3          3 days               camping

I'm up for this as well.

Edited by garyw 35 - 17 Nov 2016 at 8:08pm
gary View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 4:01pm
Gary W+1          F80 M3         3 days                camping
Gary                  E30 M3         3 days                camping

John Adams View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 10:48pm
Josh will be with me and may be Danny ?

andy wilson View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 8:00pm
Andy+Debbie     god knows    3 days                camping
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 9:11am
Ladies & Gents from Scotland, please be aware that in 2016 the organiser announced the date and then changed it. I have no knowledge that this will happen in 2017 it is worth keeping a regular check on the Silverstone web site.

Silverstone Circuit is currently in the process of being sold, we were told by the Chairman of the British Racing Drivers Club last weekend. That however should not have any impact upon planned events and it was suggested it may even improve them.

I know that many people need to book time off with employers, so that is my reason for mentioning this.
n
Ham328 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 10:44am
Ham                   E46 M3         3 days               camping
You're Rendering That Scaffolding Dangerous!!
Ham328 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 5:08pm
Date of this event now changed to the following weekend!!!
28/29/30 July 2017
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 6:18pm
that is correct I had a members email, without being a smarty pants (Campbell) I did say look out?
n
Ham328 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 6:53pm

that is correct I had a members email, without being a smarty pants (Campbell) I did say look out?

Yup, Date change due to the change of date for the British Grand Prix.
They could just bin the Grand Prix altogether for me tbh as it is utter garbage but there you go, it is what it is. Hopefully no harm done and everyone can still make it.

P.S. You've added a P to Cambell's name. You might want to duck and take cover. Tongue
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 7:15pm
No bother p or no p the message is the same, fair warning, but for gods sake it only about a holiday.

Seriously, hope you all can still make it and 100% if you bring your own swally you will enjoy.

PS the cream of tomato soup was good but condensed I believe?
n
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 8:50pm

And yet here we are with the correct information, well in advance and without having the benefit of a "members email" as in our region, we are used to arranging events and do so regularly, successfully and well. 

No bother p or no p the message is the same, fair warning, but for gods sake it only about a holiday.

Seriously, hope you all can still make it and 100% if you bring your own swally you will enjoy.

PS the cream of tomato soup was good but condensed I believe?
Correct, its only a holiday for some friends who intend to attend an event that other car club members coincidentally may be at. 

P.S. I found puerile attempts at humour at my name distasteful at primary school when the stupid kids attempted it. Looks like nothing has changed.  

Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:08pm
Looks like it is worth giving a wide berth. Enjoy! However, you might find that many other club members have been attending for many years so no coincidence they are there is it? Fortunately about 30,000 people attend so plenty of room for all.

Edited by Norrie - 01 Dec 2016 at 9:17pm
n
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:53pm

Looks like it is worth giving a wide berth. Enjoy! However, you might find that many other club members have been attending for many years so no coincidence they are there is it? Fortunately about 30,000 people attend so plenty of room for all.
Another edited post....... No surprise there, par for the course actually. This time not to remove any incriminating typing but to add more guff. 
thechef View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thechef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 3:11pm
Well, that was a good read Smile

I've been wanting to go to this for years, had tickets for it last year, but had to cancel due to an injury Cry
Been to to quite a few GP's Big smile which I enjoy regardless of what others may say, a great atmosphere, and past 3 times camped at Woodlands, which is a great site, and adjacent to the circuit, so happy days.

I'm up for this.

Ian + 1              E30 318 is     3 days               camping
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E30 Register & Competition Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 10:05pm
I hope the Scottish region have a good trip and it would be good for you to locate close the the main club area - well worth asking the question - makes sense to keep all the makes together - hope to come along at some point and will come over to say hello as you always seem to be having fun as a group - catch up soon cheers Neil
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
gary View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 3:49pm
Neil if you have alcohol then we will definately be along to see youTongueTongueTongue
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E30 Register & Competition Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 8:04pm
Seems like an idea - but I will have to drive home so I might have to be a lightweight - hope to see you there
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
GMorgan View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:28pm
Ian + 1              E30 318 is     3 days               camping
Garry +1  E36 M3 3 days Camping (Given i've moved Hoose i recognise i need my own membership - rest assured it will be in place for this :) )
Jack View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 12:02pm
Im thinking of going to Silverstone clasic this year and it appears that there is a discount available if i use a bmw code when i purchase the tickets could anybody please let me know the code.
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Jack Jack wrote:

Im thinking of going to Silverstone clasic this year and it appears that there is a discount available if i use a bmw code when i purchase the tickets could anybody please let me know the code.
Hello Jack, Welcome to the Scottish Region of the club. There is a thread in the members area of this forum where you may get more information Click here to go there. Perhaps the people in your region are organising a trip there which may be better for you so you could get to know club members near you. Unfortunately my geography of England is quite poor so I don't know which region is closest to you.

Hope this helps and cheers the noo Thumbs Up

Cambell
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:48pm
Jack I am pretty sure from your post code you will be in the central region. The discount code is in the club magazine. You will have to wait an see what the exact club parking arrangements are in field for 2017, last year it was park where you liked really.
n
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>