FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Looking to buy BMW 320d Series M sport Coupe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j700abe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to buy BMW 320d Series M sport Coupe
    Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 1:53pm
Hi All,
I hope all is well.

I'm looking to buy my first BMW and i actually just found one that i'm willing to buy most probably in a couple of weeks now and i would like to get some input from you guys if it will be wise to buy this car so any information will be very appreciated.

The car i'm looking to buy is a 320d series M sport 2.0 litre Diesel and with a 58 plate and currently at 87000 mileage. the car has had two previous owners and is being sold for £7995 This car comes with Red Full leather interior. in general the car looks really nice with good bodywork too.

What do you guys think? would you go ahead and purchase this car or not? maybe the mileage is too high? please help.
Thank you.

PS: here is the car advert: BMW 3 SERIES 2.0 320d M Sport 2dr
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:53pm
If it's well cared for, with a full service history, then the mileage should not be a problem. Plenty of life left.
Take it for a drive and see if you like it. Personally I don't think I would fall in love with the colour combination, but that's just down to individual taste.
Price-wise I have no clue, I play with older BMWs....

Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
j700abe View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j700abe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:31am
Thank you  for your response sir 
AndrewE View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:35am
2008 N47 with that mileage - just about ready for a timing chain. I'd only buy a car like this from a BMW main dealer with an extendable warranty. 
issus View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by AndrewE AndrewE wrote:

2008 N47 with that mileage - just about ready for a timing chain. I'd only buy a car like this from a BMW main dealer with an extendable warranty. 

Too true - has it still got the dreaded swirl flaps in situ? If not at that mileage maybe be better to deflap!
E46 320d Sport Myst Blue 054 reg - probably the best BMW ever
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 7:51am
If you purchase the car from an approved BMW dealer you will get a fully comprehensive 12 month warranty, they also have to ensure there is a minimum of 4 mm per tyre. You should also be able to get them to include a free 3 years gap insurance. I have done this twice with no regrets, when the warranty expires as long as you have had it serviced by an approved BMW garage you can extend the warranty with BMW warranty and pay monthly. Even if the car has done over 100K miles you can still get major component warranty up to 150K.
n
issus View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

.................................. Even if the car has done over 100K miles you can still get major component warranty up to 150K.

Can assure you Norrie that the Warranty Cost will not be cheap with 80/100k on the clock! Tried it a couple of years ago and the cost deterred me.
E46 320d Sport Myst Blue 054 reg - probably the best BMW ever
MostlyHarmless View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MostlyHarmless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:54am
2008 N47.  I wonder how that went?

Diesel. My neighbours Toyota diesel is 3 yo and not ULEZ compliant.  

Midnight e66 760Li
Monaco e61 M5
Topaz e39 540i M Sport Touring - Gone and missed
Cirrus e30 320i SE (from new and faultless)
Latte C3 conv 5-speed
davebrindlee36m3 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davebrindlee36m3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:25pm
I think a BMW Main Dealer would not have a car of that age on there forecourt, from me knowledge if a car like that was taken in part exchange it would be sold on to a local used car sales garage or sent to auction..Things might be different at some Main Dealers ? Correct me if i am wrong..
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:34pm
Dave Sytner have or had an ALPINA B5 which is 2008 plate for sale at Nottingham and being sold with 12 months full bmw warranty. so 11 years old?
n
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by issus issus wrote:

Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

.................................. Even if the car has done over 100K miles you can still get major component warranty up to 150K.

Can assure you Norrie that the Warranty Cost will not be cheap with 80/100k on the clock! Tried it a couple of years ago and the cost deterred me.
n
MostlyHarmless View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MostlyHarmless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:44pm
Just noting that OP seemed to be Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 1:53pm
So I wondered how OP got on. 
Midnight e66 760Li
Monaco e61 M5
Topaz e39 540i M Sport Touring - Gone and missed
Cirrus e30 320i SE (from new and faultless)
Latte C3 conv 5-speed
 Post Reply Post Reply