FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

silverstone classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mp888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: silverstone classic
    Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 12:34pm
is there a discount code ? are they 2for 1?
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 2:01pm
The 2 for 1 offer ends 31.3.15 and will also give ONE infield car display pass. The BMWCCGB only has one Code for this year which is (Club members only - see http://www.bmwccgbforum.co.uk/topic11786_post65402.html#65402) , see www.silverstoneclassic.com

Warning:- Please be careful when booking On line that you click the section which say's Bike & Car display, this will then bring you to a location in which you need to put the model and registration. This registered number plate will be printed on the display pass.

Unfortunately, if you make a mistake this cannot be rectified by the Club and there will be NO spare car display passes. This is not a decision made by the Club but has been made by Goose who are the organisers. This also has nothing to do with Silverstone who just rent the space to Goose or with Silverstone Racing Club. Both of those organisations have notified members that NO display pass means No car entry. Therefore, you will be directed to the public car park.

If you have an Alpina Car there is a display lap on Saturday 25th July 15 in the early evening. However, it is imperative that you inform myself or Simon Alcorn of your intention to attend. This will also require the Alpina model, Car number plate and Alpina Build Number (if known or from the manufacture's plate inside the cabin). Non pre registered cars will not be able to join the lap.Further instruction on how lap registration and wrist bands is being dealt with and will follow in a later communication. It is not as any previous years parade laps, so please do not assume you will turn up and be dealt with. In respect of all of this, these details are as a direct result of discussion for Alpina with Goose.   

Edited by dteagles - 26 Mar 2015 at 11:13am
n
Mp888 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mp888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 2:06pm
thx norrie
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 2:11pm
Mike, I am sorry I do not know who in the Club is specifically dealing with the Silverstone Classic, I am only involved with Simon in trying to organise 50 plus Alpina cars.

The Club has a meeting rearranged on 14th April 15 with Goose and I guess details such as where the club has been allocated and who is marshalling people will be announced after that. Hope to see you there in your lovely car.
n
pbraden View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbraden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 8:15pm
I wonder if marshalling will be as organised as last year?........
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 12:19am
Paul I suspect Simon will want some help from fellow Alpina owners as we are expecting 3 times as many this year than 2014, if not a few more.

The rest of the Silverstone event as far as the BMWCCGB is concerned I suspect is being dealt with either by the Club office or someone from the Board, as for who will marshal those cars I do not know, but guess we will be busy enough with the Alpina 50th year display.
n
pbraden View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbraden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 9:49am
There is no problem at all for helping out over the weekend! Might even get Maureen involved!
Mp888 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mp888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 12:11pm

hi Norm
looks like a great display for your alpinas
hope to get there in my baby
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 6:29pm
Thank you, there is a lot of work being done behind the scenes to ensure that this is organised properly and to minimise the issues for many Alpina owners who will be attending for the first time as part of the BMW CCGB. There is a compilation of names, model type, email addresses and contact numbers which is not currently available. This then will be used to contact those people and confirm they have purchased tickets and indeed to have a valid Club display pass. They will also be given information regarding the parade lap and the procedure which will be employed to make participation as smooth as possible. I am sure it will be an interesting display and collection of Alpina cars as this number is rarely seen in the UK.

Edited by Norrie - 22 Mar 2015 at 6:30pm
n
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 7:01pm
Our thanks goes to Clare Ironside and her colleagues at 'A' Plan, Thatcham. Clare will be contacting those Alpina owners who have submitted their details to us and she will be helping co-ordinate the documentation for the parade lap. Individuals involved will have now received an email from the Alpina register Chairman on how to proceed.

To the best of my knowledge they are not involved in any other aspect of the BMWCCGB presence at this event.

However, if anyone has not purchased a ticket or tickets with the display pass, they cannot be entered for the parade lap.
n
Mp888 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mp888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:28pm
cant seem to access discount code for 2for 1 offer
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Mp888 Mp888 wrote:

cant seem to access discount code for 2for 1 offer

Mp888, are you a club member? 

If so please send an email to the forum administrators with your membership number and we'll change you to a club member.

Think about what you can do for the club, not what it can do for you...
Mp888 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mp888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:25pm
is that not done automatically????
Mp888 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mp888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:25pm
yes i am a member
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Mp888 Mp888 wrote:

is that not done automatically????

No, it's not automatic, you manually register and the forum has no way of knowing that you are a member unless you answer the questions when you register, one of which is "are you a member?"....

Mp888 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mp888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:43pm
thx darren
Easy71 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 8:47pm
Hi Everyone, Well i joined the club online yesterday and booked Silverstone at the same time which gave me the discounted price, happy days see you all there.

Regards

Simon

Edited by Easy71 - 18 Apr 2015 at 8:48pm
Ian Conuel View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Conuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 10:13pm
It's an excellent event Simon, im sure you'll enjoy it. Looking forward to meeting up - what car will you be bringing?
1998 z3m coupe

Easy71 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 11:02pm
Hi I will be in my E60 m sport, not a classic (yet) i know, we went last year and really enjoyed it but it will be nice to meet everyone and get more involved.

Edited by Easy71 - 19 Apr 2015 at 6:43pm
Easy71 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 2:39pm
Struggling to upload picture

Edited by Easy71 - 19 Apr 2015 at 6:42pm
Easy71 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 3:22pm
Tickets have arrived....Smile
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 1:07pm
Got my tickets at the weekend. Paid for a advance program to get me in the mood, got a voucher to pick one up when i get thereThumbs Down
Paul 2003 Z4 2.5 Sterling grey
2018 320i GT M sport Estoril Blue
In love with driving again
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 1:09pm
Good to see theirs more than me going

Edited by Bowler - 20 Jul 2015 at 1:10pm
Paul 2003 Z4 2.5 Sterling grey
2018 320i GT M sport Estoril Blue
In love with driving again
RParkinson View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RParkinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Bowler Bowler wrote:

Got my tickets at the weekend. Paid for a advance program to get me in the mood, got a voucher to pick one up when i get thereThumbs Down
Same here, it would have been nice to get the program in advance, all I got was a 'Digital Race Card'  and the program voucher.
2013 F06 M6 Gran Coupe
2003 E39 M5
1980 E26
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 9:43am
I'll be there on Sunday

Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 9:49am
we got 65 Alpina cars for Sat and 104 total for whole weekend
n
Gummybear View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gummybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 5:10pm
I'll be there Friday around 10am, all day Saturday and Sunday.  Tho I'm not going in my car this year due to reasons of the car not being "up to scratch/dent" for a show like SC lol. Some people know about it. Can't wait and every year I enjoy silverstone for the different varieties of events and cars it has to offer. See you all there!
Pip Howell, Gummybear,
BMWCC 7 Series Register Chair
gerald View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 9:35pm
Urgent- a close friend of mine has 2 tickets for sale for the silverstone classic Saturday / Sunday
Has purchased 4 instead of 2 by error

Therefore 2 available

If anyone is interested please call Kieth bridge

Retail £83 each can discuss cost when you call

On 07870510502
gerald 323i e36 coupe
Easy71 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 3:29pm
Weather looks pants
Gummybear View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gummybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 3:45pm
It does on an overall that it says it's raining. But it's going to be on and off all day looking at it hourly. So it's 50-50 clothing. Saturdays not bad after lunch time. Yet it can change and so I'll check Thursday night for Friday. But I still can't wait.
Pip Howell, Gummybear,
BMWCC 7 Series Register Chair
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>