*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

2010 320d msport issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Roger123 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 320d msport issue
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:28pm
What were the RFTs like when you changed them?  Maybe one of the front ones was badly worn on, say, the inner edge? 

Accidentally hit a kerb recently?

When was the car last MoT'd?

I think I'd go back to the tyre place and complain, and maybe get them to at the very least do a front wheel alignment check.  Ask them also to straighten up the steering.

As regards the dashboard lights coming on, if the battery is in good shape, it suggests an electrical conection or connections somewhere in the system is not making a good contact.  As a DIY you could go round the car checking all the connections are firmly and cleanly making good electrical contact.  Then perhaps get your local garage or someone with diagnostics to check for faults.
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Bryanh View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:14pm
Thanks for replying,

Yes the wheel was straight before having the tyres changed. No when car is travelling straight the wheel is slightly turning to the left, only slightly. But it definitely wasn’t like this before.

I had the battery changed about just over a year ago. No problems with starting the car, but the lights came on after having the tyres fitted. They don’t stay on all the time either. It’s only happened 3 times in 2 weeks. And its only if I’m travelling in a straight line for a period of time, like on the mororway.

When I switch car off, it resets itself. Strange.
Roger123 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:43pm
As far as I'm aware, if the replacement tyres are the same size, aspect ratio etc., then changing them over to non-RFTs shouldn't make any difference.

With all the dashboard lights coming on, what's the battery condition like?  Is it an old battery?  If it's on its way out, then that might give some strange readings, particularly if it's a bit flat.

Are you saying the spokes on the steering wheel were level for straight ahead driving before, but after the tyre change they're off?  Sounds like someone did more than just change the tyres...

Bryanh View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 4:32pm
Recently changed all 4 tyres from run flats to normal tyres. Since I’ve done this my dashboard has lit up like a Christmas tree.

It says that the DSC, FTM and BDC? are faulty. Also my steering wheel isn’t quite straight when travelling forwards in a straight line.

Are all these issues because I’ve changed tyres? I have used the same service tyres, just not run flats.

HELP!

Edited by Bryanh - 08 Nov 2017 at 8:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply