FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

BMWcc Scottish Track Day 4th Aug 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMWcc Scottish Track Day 4th Aug 2017
    Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 1:26pm

*Breaking news*
BMWccGB Trackday Register in conjunction with the Scottish Region has booked a track day at Knockhill Circuit on 4th Aug 2017. This is a fantastic opportunity to drive your car in our local circuit!
This will sell out fast as it's a National event! Bookings will be taken through the office!

Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

StevieSAW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevieSAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:42pm
Excellent stuff!!!

Is there an all day BMW sort of show thing going to be organised around this as well??

It would be hugely popular and attract quite a lot of people along (in my opinion)
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by StevieSAW StevieSAW wrote:

Excellent stuff!!!

Is there an all day BMW sort of show thing going to be organised around this as well??

It would be hugely popular and attract quite a lot of people along (in my opinion)

I will be giving it some thought over the holidays as to what we can do and as this is a Trackday Register event I am liaising with the organisers 👍🏼
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by issy issy wrote:

I will be giving it some thought over the holidays
Are you American ? Its Christmas !! lol LOL Happy Holidays !!!Party
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I will be giving it some thought over the holidays
Are you American ? Its Christmas !! lol LOL Happy Holidays !!!Party

It may be Christmas but I'm on holiday for 2 weeks! 👍🏼
Nick Wright View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 9:11am

Excellent stuff!!!

On a Friday? 
I doubt we will get many attendees other than the trackday crowd. 
I think most of the show fans will be heading to the Ignition Festival instead

Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Nick Wright Nick Wright wrote:

So is this The Scottish Region hosting a track day or is it "the trackday crowd" coming to Scotland ?
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 5:36pm

So is this The Scottish Region hosting a track day or is it "the trackday crowd" coming to Scotland ?

A bit of both really.
Brian Hibbert represents both the Scottish Region and the Trackday Register and the fact that we are running an event at Knockhill is purely down to his efforts.

Organisation wise, I will be wearing my trackday manager hat at this one, as I have at every trackday wherever it has been held for the last decade or more.

Sadly, the Club no longer has any 'regional' trackday hosts. 
Some years ago there used to be 3 of us, but I have been happily flying solo since 2008.

I have tried to leave but they won't let me! 
So I am hoping the Scottish Trackday at Knockhill and the Welsh Trackday at Anglesey take off and that the local regional teams like what they see and are prepared to commit to them and continue un-assisted.

I have plans to hand over the Oulton Park and Snetterton Circuit trackdays to their local regions as well.

Then that will leave me with just my local two at Cadwell Park and Croft Circuit and hopefully allow me to attend the all the other trackdays and have a go as a driver.

StevieSAW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevieSAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 6:40pm

Excellent stuff!!!

On a Friday? 
I think most of the show fans will be heading to the Ignition Festival instead

I don't see why not on a Friday if I'm honest. Many people like myself are shift workers that don't do Monday to Friday Dolly Parton jobs.

If it gets enough publicity early enough people will plan around it.

Just a suggestion.
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:08pm
Crack on, the more the merrier
But experience has taught me not to expect many guests midweek.

Take Silverstone a few seasons ago as an example, our main event of the year, in the brand new 'Wing' complex, we were the first of the trackday crowd to use it, Michelin UK were involved with a tyre crew, BMW GB came as our guests and with a display of 10 stunning new cars on show including the first glimpse of the M3 GTS outside of the Goodwood festival..

.. you would think we would have pulled some people in wouldn't you, I did too, so did BMW, so did Michelin
.. we were all wrong!

Just 120 trackdayers, too busy driving to take much notice

Edited by Nick Wright - 10 Dec 2016 at 8:23am

Cookie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:20pm
Booked now time to pray to the weather gods for a sunny day at the 'hill!
richardbaxter View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardbaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:42pm
Great initiative! 

The Club will get behind this with promotional support if you would like this? e leaflet? web page?newsletter?. I think many will be interested due to the circuits exposure on the BTCC.
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E30 Register & Competition Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:54pm
The early interest is very encouraging and with the Scottish region and Trackday people behind this should prove a big success for the Scottish section of the club and those members keen to attend as its a circuit many people dont experience - tempted to travel from London with the trailer on now ;-)
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
StevieSAW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevieSAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 1:00am
What's is the scope for a couple of non-club members being able to attend?

I know of two at least, both in E46 M3's, that are very keen.

Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E30 Register & Competition Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 11:42am
Hi no problem with non members attending this track day the hope is that they would see the benefit of joining - normally there is a day membership available for £10 but that may not apply for this being the first Scottish date to encourage non members to experience the great group of people that you have in Scotland
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
StevieSAW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevieSAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 2:03am
Great stuff. I'll let them know and i'm sure they'll want to be added to the list. 
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 12:16pm

Great stuff. I'll let them know and i'm sure they'll want to be added to the list. 

Yes Steve, Neil is correct. 
I have waived the day membership fee at this one, its a flat rate of £199 for everyone.
Please spread the word.

One thing though Neil, I am upping the day membership rate from £10. 
Non members will now need to pay £20 to join us for the day (Knockhill '17 excluded)

Edited by Nick Wright - 17 Dec 2016 at 12:17pm

GMorgan View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Cookie Cookie wrote:

Booked now time to pray to the weather gods for a sunny day at the 'hill!

I'd bet my mortgage on the opposite!! i've seen one sunny day at the 'hill in all my visits!!LOL
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:46am
Still spaces available for this event now that Christmas is gone get your names done if you are interested. Link to the track Day Register thread for information:
http://www.bmwccgbforum.co.uk/knockhill-trackday-04-08-17-availability_topic14224.html

issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 10:03am
John Adams, don't know if you have seen it but Nick has asked you to email him, see the track day thread!

John Adams View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 1:06pm

John Adams, don't know if you have seen it but Nick has asked you to email him, see the track day thread!

Thanks Issy was in work when looking at this, sometimes its will dont let me, ill email Nick soon as i can 
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 5:23pm
I kinda fancy this but I'm really torn between the fear of being on the track with proper track enthusiasts (who I'm sure are great drivers)  and the inner fear of bending my pride and joy and not being able to afford to fix it. 
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 9:16am

I kinda fancy this but I'm really torn between the fear of being on the track with proper track enthusiasts (who I'm sure are great drivers)  and the inner fear of bending my pride and joy and not being able to afford to fix it. 

We all felt like that once.
A circuit is just a road but with nothing coming the other way.
Overtakers and overtakee's follow a strict code of practice and only pass where it is safe.

Imagine your favourite stretch of road being closed to traffic for the day and hired out to the club and we get to use it without any speed restriction.
a. Would you use it to explore and enjoy your cars performance?
b. Would you be tempted to go faster than you could cope with and risk coming off?

Us trackday regulars would answer A everytime

Ham328 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:00pm

We all felt like that once.
A circuit is just a road but with nothing coming the other way.
Overtakers and overtakee's follow a strict code of practice and only pass where it is safe.

Imagine your favourite stretch of road being closed to traffic for the day and hired out to the club and we get to use it without any speed restriction.
a. Would you use it to explore and enjoy your cars performance?
b. Would you be tempted to go faster than you could cope with and risk coming off?

Us trackday regulars would answer A everytime

I'd like that post if i could Nick. Very well put. Smile

Only thing holding me back at the minute is an unchecked subframe on the M3. Ermm
You're Rendering That Scaffolding Dangerous!!
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:14pm
Still spaces available for this event. Get your names down if you are interested. You know you want too!

Link to the track Day Register thread for information:
http://www.bmwccgbforum.co.uk/knockhill-trackday-04-08-17-availability_topic14224.html

issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 12:13pm
There are still spaces available for the track day guys! Thumbs Up
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 10:23am
Head up all! There are still places available at our track day at Knockhill! This is an opportunity to drive your car on our local track so get yourself booked up! 👍🏼
Howard View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 10:25pm
Its now the 21st July and we still need 22 places to make this event pay for itself.
Tickets can now be purchased at:
 https://www.bmwcarclubgb.co.uk/events/2017/08/scottish_region_track_day_knockhill.html
Non-members can also attend as we may need them to make up the numbers.
More support is needed, so spread the word and get your friends on track.
Hoping to see you all in October at the Highland Fling.

Edited by Howard - 21 Jul 2017 at 10:31pm
1988 635csi,
2002 E39 525i, 2001 E38 740i
2003 E39 525i motorsport
bluebro View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 2:36pm
I would have attended however this is the same weekend as the huge Ignition festival in Glasgow which has no doubt impacted numbers attending including myself.
E30sanchez View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E30sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 11:55pm
Who is attending this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>